Information About Us
www.globaluniversitysystems.com is a site operated by Global University Systems B.V. (“We”). We are registered in The Netherlands under company number 55367453 and have our registered office and our main trading address at Strawinskylaan 821, Tower A-08, 1077XX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We operate the site for ourselves and also as agents on behalf of other companies who trade under the GUS or GUS owned brand names.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable for any losses incurred, if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. The site and its contents are for adults and not for children under 18. Any users under 18 should not use the site.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy (see below).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Specifically, course and registration information is dynamic and subject to change; the most up-to-date and complete information we provide to prospective students is at the point of registration, and this may differ from information posted on our site.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
While GUS endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on the sites or in any brochures / prospectuses. The material displayed on our site is provided ‘as is’ without any guarantees, conditions or warranties or other terms of any kind, as to its accuracy. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude all representations, conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for this legal notice might have effect in relation to the our websites.
– Global University Systems and any of our group and associated companies, and their officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any kind, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage users of the website or third parties may incur or be liable for (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, loss or corruption of data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with our sites in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the sites, any web sites linked to our sites, or the material on such web sites, including, but not limited to, loss or damage due to viruses that may infect computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of access to, use of, or browsing the our sites or downloading of any material whatsoever from our sites or any web sites linked to the our sites. If your use of the material on our sites results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software, or data, you assume all costs thereof.
Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); or (b) fraud; or (c) any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
For any other liability not excluded above, or in the event that any exclusion is held invalid by a competent court, our liability shall be limited to £10.
Information About You and Your Visits to Our Site
Uploading Material to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (see below). You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site and you shall indemnify us against any loss, costs or expenses we may suffer as a result or in connection with your uploaded content.
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (see below).
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval partnership, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (see below).
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from Our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Such third party sites and resources may be subject to their own terms and conditions of use.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.globaluniversitysystems.com (our site) and linked and associated sites operated by us. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use (see above).
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
· In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
· For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below).
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
· To create a competing business or offerings to those offered by GUS.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use (see above).
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt;
· any part of our site;
· any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions). You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
· Be accurate (where they state facts);
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and · Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
· contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
· promote sexually explicit material;
· promote violence;
· promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
· infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
· attempt or be likely to deceive any person;
· be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
· promote any illegal activity;
· be threatening, abuse or invade another´s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
· be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
· be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
· give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
· advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Suspension and Termination
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to our Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Thank you for visiting our site